Sunday 18 January 2015

Cooking is fun!


Cooking is something that many people do. Some do it as a profession, some do it for fun, and some do it because they have to. But All moms are excellent cook & you realize their importance only when you are staying away from home. Trust me, ‘there is nothing like a home cooked food’. 


Although, I have been living on my own since last 5 years, yet I haven’t learned cooking. Yes, I have zero interest in cooking.


Honestly, I love to eat, but not to cook.


Before coming to Nitte (my engineering college), my mom had tried to teach me the basics of cooking but I showed least interest. Now, I wished I had paid attention to my mom advice on cooking (a small advice ‘always listen to your mom’ cause she is always right.)


Life in Nitte is extremely tough in weekends. You literally don’t have any shops open on holidays and weekends.


Desperate situation leads to desperate action. In my case, it lead to kitchen. After all “necessity is the mother of all inventions” so I found myself cooking. Yes, I can’t believe but I  started preparing rice and daal yesterday. Suddenly, I got interested in cooking and found that it’s fun and interesting.


Cooking has lot of similarity with engineering such as you become good in it only by experimenting with various combinations of vegetables and spices. Thus making cooking a serious art that colors your life.



From this incidence, I learned a very important lesson that ‘motivation comes from now, from within.’ This holds true for everything in life whether it’s cooking, studies and work. We need to be self motivated to achieve anything. On a lighter note, I hope this enthusiasm continues.
Note : No one is born a great cook, one learns by doing
Cheers!
:)
Mukhtesar!

No comments:

Post a Comment